John Buck PT, ATC, CSCS brings over 17 years experience in orthopedics and sports medicine. John was an athletic trainer first, and provided on-field care at all sports levels from middle school to Division I athletics at Penn State. He has worked in out-patient orthopedics since 1991, and joined Greg’s staff at the University of Michigan in 1994.
His expertise is in lower extremity biomechanics. He has been designing and fabricating orthotic devices since college, and continues today with the newest technology, Langer’s new 3D laser scanning system, VeriScan Podiatric Scanner.
John’s professional Physical Therapy and Athletic Training experience includes:
- Partner, Greg Ott Center for Physical Therapy & Sports Performance, Charlotte, NC
- Carolinas Healthcare System, Charlotte, NC
- Sports Rehabilitation of Lake Norman, Mooresville, NC
- University of Michigan, MedSport, Ann Arbor, MI
- TRACC – Total Rehabilatative and Athletic Conditioning Center, Novi, MI
Professional Education & Certifications
- John received his Masters of Physical Therapy from Winston Salem State University
- John received his Bachelor of Science in Health Education/ Sports Medicine from Penn State
- John also has over 30 years experience in strength training, and is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the National Strength and Conditioning Association